Nix Manufacturing, Inc. has been recognized as an area leader in community support with donations to local schools, sports teams and civic organizations. Nix Manufacturing has also been a continual support system for local schools that offer industrial arts classes in machining.
Nix Manufacturing, Inc. has taken several steps to ensure that industry expectations are met for recycling, energy usage, and overall sustainability. Some of the steps include:
- Installation of roof panels that allow sunlight to aid in facility lighting.
- Staggered deployment of motion activated lighting in low traffic areas.
- An emphasis on overall equipment and facility energy use and efficiency.
- Recycling or repurposing all scrap metals from the manufacturing process.
- Capture and recycling of all liquids used in the manufacturing process.
- Agricultural uses for the exterior property — currently planted in hay that is harvested yearly.